Low Carb Turkey Gravy Recipe
- Giblets and turkey neck
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Separate liver from giblets and refrigerate in Ziploc bag. Put remaining giblets and turkey neck in large saucepan and cover with 6 cups water. Add veggies and spices.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add liver and cook 15 minutes more.
- Remove giblets from liquid. Remove bay leaves, then liquefy in blender with veggies.
- Chop giblets and add to liquid. Heat and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a thin “au jus” over turkey and dressing, or continue to cook uncovered to reduce the volume down further.