Italian Style Sautéed Broccoli Recipe
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 or 5 button mushrooms, brushed clean and thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, with stems peeled and thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Add broccoli and cook until bright green but not completely tender, about 3 minutes. Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process and preserve the bright color.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir well.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in broccoli.
- Simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes. Serve hot, makes 4 servings.