- 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces
1. Season lamb with 1/4 tsp pepper.
2. In a large frying pan or flameproof casserole, heat oil over high heat.
3. Add lamb and cook, turning frequently, 3-5 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
4. Add garlic, water and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook partially covered 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and cook 10 minutes longer, or until lamb is fork tender.
7. Add parsley and red peppers to pan.
8. Cook 10 minutes, or until peppers are just tender.