Low Carb Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 pint of heavy sweet cream
- 1/4 tsp real vanilla extract
- Stevia (see below for amounts for different types of stevia)
- 2 trays of ice
- Fill a blender one-third full with ice cubes. Pour in the sweet cream just to the top of the ice cubes.
- Add in the vanilla and stevia.
- Start mixing on slow speed and as the ice breaks up, keep increasing the speed of the blender. Assist the stirring as needed with a long spoon. It will become very thick and smooth and your blender may need a little help in keeping the mixture moving.
- Makes 4 servings of soft vanilla ice cream containing about 4 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
- Serve as soon as it is smooth and creamy.
This must be eaten as soon as it is made or it will get too soft, and it does not stay frozen well. Best eaten fresh out of the blender. Adding a quarter cup of ripe blueberries and reducing the equivalent volume of sweet cream, results in a really yummy soft blueberry ice cream!
Below are the stevia amounts for this recipe:
- 12 packets Stevia Blend, or
- 6 teaspoons Spoonable Stevia Blend, or
- 1-1/2 tsp Stevia Extract Liquid, or
- 3/4 tsp Pure Stevia Extract Powder, or
- 1/6 tsp “Sweet Leaf” Stevia.