- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple, each ½ inch thick
- 15 fresh or frozen sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Peel and core the pineapple slices. Place 1 ½ tbsp of raw honey in an 8” cast iron skillet or round cake tin. Arrange the pineapple rings and sweet cherries on the honey in a decorative pattern. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix almond flour with baking powder. In a medium bowl cream the eggs with remaining honey. Add the coconut oil and mix to combine. Add the almond mixture and mix well to combine. Remove the skillet from the oven and pour batter over the top of the pineapple rings and smooth it out. Return in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Serve with more fresh sweet cherries
Helpful Tip: It goes well with a nice cup of tea.